Plan for Patients & Staff Returning to the Office During COVID-19
This plan was developed to keep our patients and staff members as safe as possible. As such, everyone who enters our clinic for services must commit to recommended and safe practices to minimize the risk and transmission of COVID-19.
It must also be understood that if you are attending the clinic for Chiropractic care you are providing consent to be receiving treatment when the recommended distancing measure guideline cannot be upheld due to the nature of the treatment.
The overall goal of this protocol is to reduce potential COVID-19 transmission by:
- Ensuring the recommended distances are being followed (2 meters/6 feet)
- Each patient must complete the standard COVID-19 survey that will be emailed to you 24 hours before EACH in-person appointment.
- Our website includes a pop up that reminds patients not to book appointment if they experience any symptoms of COVID, and to reschedule them for a later date. The pop up also links patients to these COVID procedures.
- Patients booking via telephone or email are also reminded that they will receive this screening 24 hours in advance of their appointment.
- Patients are again screened at the front door with appropriate signage, which asks them to stop and to not enter if they are sick or required to self-isolate. Patients are again screened upon entering at reception to verbally acknowledge and confirm that they are not experiencing COVID symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has.
- Hand washing and/or sanitizing available once you enter our space.
- Avoiding face touching.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols conducted throughout the day with Health Canada approved cleaning products.
- Appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) when required. Patients may wear a mask if they are more comfortable wearing one, and may request Dr. Aaron to wear a mask during their appointment.
- Meeting all professional recommendations according to our licencing bodies CCBC, PHO, BCCDC, and WorkSafeBC.
Before your appointment:
Each patient will complete the COVID-19 survey prior to their appointment that they will be sent electronically via email or be screened at the front desk. Should a patient not answer the questions in a way that determines there is no known risk, then they will need to reschedule their appointment
Symptoms of COVID-19 (Government of Canada)
COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.
Most common symptoms:
Less common symptoms:
Aches and pains
Loss of taste or smell
A rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
Chest pain or pressure
Loss of speech or movement
Cancelling or changing your appointment:
We still require adequate notice (minimum 24 hours) to change and or cancel scheduled appointments.
You can call our office should you need to do so 604.426.2077 and leave a voicemail. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals who need to reschedule and postpone appointments due to having symptoms of COVID-19 will not be charged a cancellation fee. You are deemed a no-show 10 minutes past your scheduled appointment time, and without any notice that you require changing or cancelling an appointment due to COVID or other, cancellation fees will still apply.
What you can expect when you attend your appointment:
- We have added sanitizing tools in each treatment room and appropriate signage throughout the clinic.
- When you arrive, we ask that you arrive on time. If you are running late or wanting to be seen early, call the office at 604.426.2077 for further instruction.
- Please maintain your distance at the front desk. Should you notice anyone else waiting for an appointment, or should you notice someone else entering the clinic, maintain your distance of 2m/6ft apart. Patients are expected to follow the social distancing rules at all times in the office.
- We are unfortunately not able to lend out books during this pandemic. We also have put away toys. We only have single use educational sheets for patients to take home with them if they like.
Other considerations when attending an appointment:
- We encourage only the patient who has booked the appointment to attend, if this is not possible as you have dependents, we will consider this.
- Use the hand sanitizer as soon as you enter our space, hand wash in the bathroom, or bring your own hand sanitizer. Be mindful of any contact with touch points throughout the clinic.
- Use alternative forms of greetings and avoid hand shaking or close contact.
What you need to know that we are doing to ensure a safe environment at Kauri Chiropractic:
Our team is working incredibly hard to ensure that you can follow the recommended distance while in our clinic, and that very limited contact (touch points) are required. This is maintained as best as we possibly can by:
- Limiting waiting room chairs to 3 from 8, all distanced 2m apart and using the boardroom for anyone additional. Having patients wait in the treatment room rather than the waiting area if possible.
- Regularly cleaning high touch surfaces throughout the office throughout the day.
- Sanitizing and cleaning our treatment rooms between every single patient
- Staff regularly sanitizing and hand washing throughout the day. Dr. Aaron sanitizes and hand washes between every single patient.
- Emailed receipts to the email on file.
- Encouraging use of the “tap” option on the terminal machine. Credit Cards may also be stored safely on file.
- Discouraging the use of cash to pay for appointments.
- Staff & Chiropractor will adhere to social distancing rules, sanitizing rules, hygiene rules, and BCCDC guidelines outside the office and will report if they begin to experience symptoms and self-isolate upon experiencing COVID symptoms.
Kauri Chiropractic is following all suggested and recommendations that were shared with us on May 15th, 2020 by WorksafeBC. These recommendations are also in accordance with our regulatory bodies and meet our licensing requirements.
No guarantees have been made or can be made that you will not contact COVID-19 while seeking treatment at our office.
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time, we are honoured to be able to assist you.
The Team at Kauri Chiropractic