Dr. Aaron has additional training in Chiropractic Care for pregnancy and infancy through the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association. Dr. Aaron is certified in Webster Technique, which is a gentle and effective Chiropractic assessment and treatment protocol. Webster Technique is used to support women through improvement in neuro-biochemical function.
The Body’s Changes During Pregnancy
All bodily functions are controlled by the brain that sends information throughout the body via the nervous system. If you are experiencing various symptoms that are making your pregnancy difficult and impacting your overall health, Chiropractic can help.
Pregnancy is an incredibly important time for a mom-to-be and a child’s future. Many physiological and hormonal changes occur during pregnancy to ensure a optimal environment is created for a developing baby. Many women develop subluxations during these immense changes in the body and may result in the symptoms you are currently experiencing.
A subluxation in the spine occurs as the brain and body experience nerve interference. Since all the nerves are connected via the spine to your brain, it is imperative your nervous system is free of interference and subluxations to ensure optimal health and functioning.
Chiropractic is a safe, gentle, natural, holistic, and drug-free option for pregnant women to achieve health and wellness.
We encourage women to receive Chiropractic care before becoming pregnant and throughout their pregnancy to get checked for subluxations and to ensure a healthy functioning nerve system.
- The hormone relaxin loosens joints; increasing mobility and decreasing stability which creates aggravation of previous joint injuries and amplified pelvic imbalances.
- Growing baby and increased fetal movement creates expansion of lower rib cage which can be aggravating to mid back joints that connect ribs.
- Growing belly exerts forward and downward pull on low back.
- Modified gait becomes wide, creating a variation in skeletal joint and muscle mobility, aggravating the pelvic joints, sciatic nerves and supporting uterine ligaments.
- Pelvic Misalignment alters pelvic opening and creates tension through soft tissues which support the uterus.
- Center of gravity moves forward increasing the lumbar curve and placing extra strain and force through the lumbar spinal joints.
- Increased breast size to prepare for lactation adds addition strain to the mid and upper back.
- Modified posture through shoulders to offset change in center of gravity causes loss of cervical curve leading to headaches.
We want to help Moms-to-be and Kids stay healthy!
When you’re expecting, you deserve to be in the best health possible through each stage of your pregnancy, and with as much ease as possible. The healthier mom can be, the better opportunity for a healthy baby and pregnancy. That’s why we are so passionate about offering pregnancy and fourth trimester Chiropractic Care. And likewise, we are pleased to provide paediatric Chiropractic Care because healthier children can live out their life’s purpose, full growth and development optimally!
Contact us if you have any more questions. We look forward to hearing from you.